Soup from the Soul is a pre-vocational program that teaches young adults living with Autism Spectrum Disorder basic culinary skills and standard workplace expectations. Under the direction of a professional and experienced chef, participants learn various soup-making methods and donate the soup made to a local charity. Facility tours and kitchen safety lessons are also incorporated into the program. Soup from the Soul is fully supported and will accommodate up to six participants.
WHEN: August 2012
WHERE: Vancouver & Victoria
- Applicants must have an autism diagnosis and a CAN Family Membership.
- Participants must be between the ages of 18-26.
- A minimum grade 9 reading level is required.
- Participants must apply with a resume and cover letter; application does not guarantee a spot in the program.
- A commitment for the duration of the program is required.
- Participants must be able to provide their own transportation to the program.
How to register:
- Please note, this program will not open for online registration.
- Participants must apply directly to the Social and Vocational Program Manager with a resume and cover letter.
For more detailed information, and to apply to the Soup from the Soul program, please contact Natalie Hagarty, Program Manager, Social and Vocational Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the CAN office at 604-685-4049, ext 207.