The purpose of this presentation is to provide important information for parents of children with special needs on how best to plan for your child's future. This presentation will cover both how to maximize the child's future financial security and how to protect that security once the parent is no longer able to do so.
The goals of the presentation are to:
- give you a better understanding of the full range of planning opportunities that are available to you;
- see how those planning strategies might be used to accomplish your own planning objectives;
- enable you to articulate your planning objectives and communicate those objectives to a professional advisor;
- help you to act with more confidence when selecting and retaining professional advisors to develop and implement your own personal gain;
- help you to remain in control of the development and implementation of your plan.
This video is divided into four sections:
Section 1: Planning Ahead (1 hour and 37 minutes)
What is Estate Planning?
Lifetime planning: financial and health care
Section 2: Trusts and Trustees (1 hour and 7 minutes)
How to select and appoint trustees
Describing types of trusts
Section 3: Estate Planning (1 hour and 10 minutes)
Managing Capital gains tax
How to protect your child's assets
Real estate planning: joint tenancy
Section 4: Registered Disability Savings Plan (RSPSs) (1 hour and 7 minutes long)
Wills and probate
Different ways of contributing to an RDSP
Blair Dwyer, Dwyer Tax Lawyers, Victoria, BC
Register Online or call the ACT Office at 1-866-939-5188 or 604-205-5467.