Workshops will be available to immediate family members and/or caregivers. Families may also invite members of their child’s intervention team if they wish. Each workshop will consist of two full days over school hours. Two-day family/caregiver workshops will be held in rural and remote communities across the province
Workshops will be presented by professionals specializing in autism. They will provide information on autism, best practices, research-based interventions, developing and maintaining a strong intervention team, and local community services and supports. Over the two days, participants will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned to their own child and family. Information presented at the workshops will be tailored to each community and will examine services for children of all ages.
The following sessions are being held in the fall and winter of 2012/2013.
• The North Abbotsford workshop originally scheduled on November 21-22 has been cancelled
• December 4-5, 2012: Elks Hall: 33336-2nd Avenue, Mission BC
• December 13-14, 2012: Royal Canadian Legion: 301-11th Avenue, Campbell River BC
• January 10-11, 2013: Island Savings Centre (Heritage Hall): 2687 James Street, Duncan BC
• January 28-29, 2013: Gibsons and Area Community Centre (Room 209): 700 Park Road, Gibsons BC